Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to climate/temperature chamber in LabVIEW

Hi,

I'm sort of new to LabVIEW/a student and during my internship at a company I got an assignment to develop a remote control interface for the Weiss WT3 climate chamber for their tests. I'm using LabVIEW 2014 64-bit.

My previous experience in LabVIEW has been using the NI USB-6211 for remote controlling power supplies with analog voltage control and that is a bit more straight forward, I think.

Anyone with experience in this area that has any VIs that I can take a look at?

Here are some of the things I'm unsure of

• How to connect it physically? There are Ethernet, USB and RS232 connectors as far as I can see
  • Use the bundled software with LabVIEW or only use LabVIEW?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(8,715 Views)
You would use whatever physical connection you want/that the chamber supports. A brief look at their web site says rs-232 is standard with other others as options.

Your second question does not make much sense to me.

If you have the manual, please attach it. I don't see it on their web site for download.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(8,695 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if the question doesn't make sense. I'm trying to articulate myself as best as I can (english is not my native language).

What I meant was that the oven comes with some software bundled with it to control the chamber via Ethernet, and I was thinking whether or not I am supposed to make LabVIEW communicate with that software (internally on the PC) or I should focus on somehow communicating with the chamber directly from LabVIEW.

I have succesfully used the application for remote controlling the chamber (although it does its job poorly, and has a lot of problems)

Unfortunately I'm not certain the manual is even available as a digital version anywhere. I know I've search a lot on the Internet for it, but without results. I only have a hard copy in the lab.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(8,673 Views)
Controlling an exe can be difficult unless it has a published interface such as ActiveX. Since it doesn't do what you want, controlling the chamber directly from LabVIEW sounds like a better option. There are TCP/IP functions that you can use. This all assumes that the protocol for reading/writing is documented on the manual.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(8,659 Views)

Hello,

If you are looking for a pdf version of the protocol for rs232, please find the attached.

I can comminicate with the device(wt180/40) from labview. I am using rs232 interface to communicate to the device.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(8,550 Views)

sorry. forgot to attach the file. 😛

Message 6 of 17
(8,548 Views)
Since you say that can communicate, your problems are solved?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(8,536 Views)

I am looking for the same solution you can help me if you have found the solution

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(4,621 Views)

I'm looking for Weiss Chamber SB2/1000/40  LabView driver too

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,510 Views)

Hi

Did you contact Weiss already?

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17