Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compact driver installation

For the custom Delphi-based software I maintain and develop, normally I bundle all the drivers for the various boards and hardware into a single InstallShield package.  I am now adding support for the NI 5105 PCI.  Is there a simple driver, merge module, or set of DLLs I can include in my InstallShield project?  Or must I instead instruct my users to install the full NI-SCOPE CD, turning what was a one-step process into a two-step process, and necessitating the mailing of a CD for those with a slow Internet connection?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,473 Views)

I usually utilize Setup Factory rather than the Installshield. It's more easy and can directly handle the External driver package. I think you can try.

人的生命是有限的,但知识是无限的!
南京众知维测试技术有限公司
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,471 Views)

Hi Michael,

If you are using LabVIEW to create an executable of a program you can package that into an installer and add the driver installers there.  Here is a resource on how to build an installer that includes the DAQmx driver.  It would be a very similar process to add the NI-SCOPE driver.

As for adding specific DLLs to another installer to get the functionality of the NI-SCOPE driver, this is not recommended.  This might be possible but since this is not supported there is no guidance on the process.

Andy K.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,459 Views)

Andy:

This is a stand-alone C-language program (actually Delphi, but using the C-language interface to the NI-Scope drivers).  Is the only NI-recommended way to install the "NI Scope Drivers" to install the full NI-SCOPE 3.87 package which is 700MB?  Or is there some way to subset that?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,443 Views)

Hi Michael,

You are correct that the only recommended installation of the scope driver is the packed driver from ni.com/drivers.  Since the installation is MSI based there is not a way around this to get the proper installation of the drivers.  During the driver installation you can select which components you would like installed but there are not separate installers for the sub components.

Andy K.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,431 Views)