Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Error 800

Hello,
I am using Keithley 2400-C Sourcemeter, Labview 2013(32 bit), Keithley Drivers Version 3.12 and my Laptop is 64 bits and it has Windows 10. The  Keithley Source meter is connected to the laptop via the KUSB-488B. I am running a program on LabView (it is attached, more specifically I am running the 2400swV 4wires v2.vi) and when I press the button Start Linear Stair Sweep the Keithley makes a beep and shows an error 800: illegal with storage active. I am also attaching what the NI MAX and the VISA Test Panel shows. I used to do all these with another PC and there was no problem. What is the problem now?
Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,727 Views)

+800 can occur while trying to clear the buffer of a 2400 with :TRAC:CLE command if the 2400 is set to :TRAC:FEED:CONT NEXT

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,672 Views)

Hi

I don't know the speed of the KUSB device but I mostly try to reduce the bus speed of NI interfaces for older instruments to reduce to 1us  (1 micro second). More than fast enough for older machines and less sensitive for longer cables.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,641 Views)

Hi!Thanks for your response!

And how do I change the speed?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,635 Views)

try KUSB vendor or documentation.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,632 Views)

Thank you too for your response cymrieg

So what do you suggest me to do?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,617 Views)

Sorry, I don't have Labview. If you run I/O Trace and capture all the calls you should see a "trace:clear" (trac:cle) going out while the buffer is filling with data. That causes the 800 error

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,572 Views)