From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating with TSX3510P through serial from linux

Hi

I am trying to communicate with my PSU through a serial cable from linux. I get connected with it, but i dont receive anything and when i try send commands to it, it just beeps.

Does anybody have experience with the TSX3510P PSU?

Best regards

Phillez

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,248 Views)
What programming language ate you using? There is a certified LabVIEW driver and an uncertified CVI driver.

It sounds like you are sending the wrong command or the correct command but wrong termination characters. You have not said exactly what you are sending.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,234 Views)

All i need is to read the current power consumption. I think i will implement this with python.

So far i have just opened the serial device with screen.

Do i need to configure the device with special parameters?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,230 Views)

@Phillez wrote:

Do i need to configure the device with special parameters?

That would be in the manual that you should READ.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,226 Views)
You still have not provided any details on exactly what you are sending. I don't see how you can get any help besides RTFM as already mentioned. Opening the device with 'screen' is meaningless to me.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,224 Views)

I have configured the serial port according to the manual:

www.*****.it.pt/Medidas/Data/Manuais & Tutoriais/07 - TTi Power Supply TSP3222/TSX-P Instruction Manual - Iss 12.pdf

I am using a NPort device to publish the RS232 signal to my network. When i open the device i can see that the RX light on the nport is on all the time and when i send some ascii characters to the device remote light turns on but i do not receive anything.

The manual states that when i turn on the device it is not addressable and therefore i should be able to control it "as a normal RS232 controllable device".

I have tried sending  04H (LNA) to lock non-addresable mode and this also does not return anything.

My goal is to be able to read out the power consumption during software tests of an embedded system.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,203 Views)
Your link is broken. Still not enough information to know exactly what you are sending. I'm guessing that you are not sending termination characters but I don't even know what program you are using to communicate.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,193 Views)