Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating with Fluke 9100S Temperature Calibrator via RS-232

Hi,

Still pretty new to LabVIEW, so I hope to get some insight and suggestion to the problem.

Objective - To establish basic communication with the 9100S Temperature Calibrator via RS-232 (Read temperature values and input setpoint temperature values)

Problem - The device has Interface commands that can be used to read and input setpoints into the device. I am seeing that the devices is communicating with LabVIEW VI, but i am not able to input setpoint and the data read is some kind of                        machine code. All i need to perform is to read the temperature value and input setpoint into the device. 

I am attaching the VI that I created, and other supporting files and screenshots to illustrate the problem. The images attached are the runtime results of the VI's and the interface commands for the device. I have the serial drivers and supporting software's installed. Please help me solve this problem. Would like to get suggestions and insight on this matter.

Thanks,

themadgreek

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

2f4fa14c-883f-433f-930e-98853a48148f.jpgImage.jpeg

fd566135-2a83-43e2-a87c-77247e46695b.jpg

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(964 Views)

You failed to attach your VI.  The only real gotcha I am seeing from the data sheet is that the termination is a Carriage Return, so you need to make sure your termination character is set to 0x13.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(953 Views)

I have edited the original message with the VI's

thanks 

themadgreek

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(944 Views)

I'll continue this on your other thread.  There's no need to fork the discussion.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(890 Views)

Hi @Crossrulz,

I wasn't meaning to fork the discussion. It seemed like i didnt give a good explanation of what i was trying to implement, and i could not edit the original message a second time, so i thought of cretaing a new discussion with a bit more explanation.

Thanks

themadgreek

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(872 Views)