Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coherent FieldMaxII Laser Power Meter: looking for example

Has anyone succeeded in interfacing to a Coherent FieldMaxII Laser Power Meter using the ActiveX server supplied by Coherent? I would love to see an example to get me started. All I want to do is read the power, but the interface looks very complicated.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,350 Views)

Isn't there a native LabVIEW driver and examples provided when you install the FieldMax II software?

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,347 Views)

No, we were told that there were LabVIEW drivers available, but none came with the device (it is actually a FieldMaxII TOP), and I couldn't find any reference to them on the Coherent web site. What is odd is that the executable that they provide is obviously built with LabVIEW, so they have the drivers themselves.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,343 Views)

I actually did find the native LabVIEW drivers, installed from the CD. They were not mentioned anywhere in the documentation or on the Coherent web site, and the person who installed the software did not notice them being installed. They were not installed in a location where LabVIEW could find them, but by doing a search for all files with FieldMax in the name I was able to find them and copy them to the correct location.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,337 Views)

hello,

Having a similar issue with same model meter. Were you able to use the drivers for any version of labview after 7.1? The only reference to labview I see in the software I downloaded from the coherent site is for a LVruntimeEng application which wont run since i have LV 10.0. It is saved in a folder called labview 7.1 

does this application install the drivers? or are they saved somewhere else?

thanks for any help.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,158 Views)

I have run them with LabVIEW 9.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,150 Views)

Do you remember where the drivers were hiding?

I can't believe theyre not on the NI driver network, but I don't see them there.

I also just found the activeX installation disk provided with the meter but it only has visual basic examples on it.

thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,147 Views)

I found the drivers on the CD that came with the meter, and nowhere else. If you didn't get them on the CD, then you should contact Coherent.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,138 Views)

I know this is an old thread, so posting just in case anyone in future reads this.

The software on the disk v3.3.0.4 did not work. the version on the website https://www.coherent.com/measurement-control/measurement/laser-measurement-and-control-help-center, v 3.3.0.0 did work, using the example VIs from the website. At this point I've only tested Connect To Meter and Monitor Connection

I'm using LV2015, win10 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,227 Views)

Hi David, 

Thanks a lot for your post. I have spent hours to find the latest driver for my FieldMaxII TO. It seems that the older dirver (< 3.3.0.0) is not compatible with win10 and the driver cannot be installed properly because of lacking digital signature.

This works perfectly. Thanks again.

I am using LV2019SP1, win10.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,991 Views)