Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing VISA interface from GPIB1 to GPIB0

Hi

I tried to use a new GPIB-USB-HS, model 187965G, and i ran into a problem with my program that understands only GPIB0 in the connection expert.

I tried to read every availible thread about the matter and was not able to find how to do it, i cant acsess the instrument via MAX, for some reason it doesent give me the option of changing the properties even with administrators privilages, through the connection expert i saw that in one of the previous versions you could change these properties via the "Manual configuration" tab, but that doesent seem to exist anymore.

At the end of the day, i need to change the visa interface ID from the, default GPIB1 to GPIB0 on this device.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,410 Views)

Hello dear,

If you are permitted to change the GPIB address of an instrument, it will be on the instrument.  Whether it is changed mechanically with switches or with software through a series of menu items, it will be on the instrument and not remotely.  NI-MAX contacts the instrument remotely.

Some have switches on the back that are read at power up.  Others have menu settings using the manual controls.  Some are hard coded so you cannot change the address.

Also I have attached a screenshot that may help to change the VISA interface ID.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,335 Views)