Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see USB device in MAX when using Windows 10x

Thought I would just mention this in case others have had similar problem.

Working on a Labview program to communicate with a USB instrument of mine that does not have Labview drivers.

The devices manufacturer provided windows drivers and the device can be seen in the devices list of windows when turned on, so that is fine.

Next I used the VISA wizard to create the device in MAX and also get its RAW reference.

Problem now started when going into MAX device was not there.

Updated VISA to latest version 20.0 and refreshed etc but still no joy.

Went back to windows 7 pro (swapable hard disks) and went through same proceedure but the VISA version was 15. In any event the device was recognized in MAX and RAW id was cut and pasted into the VISA id for the VISA open vi. Brief operation of this vi flagged no errors so link was present.

This is not an issue for me because I can drop back to 7pro for any future USB development for myself but looks like issues if clients are running windows 10?

Labview Version 8.5
Labview Version 8.6
Labview Version 2014
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,892 Views)

Hi Jack, 

I thought I'd respond in case anyone else is looking for an alternative solution to downgrading the OS to Windows 7. Have you tried working through the steps mentioned in the article: USB Device Missing in NI MAX but Is Present in Windows Device Manager. It has many useful steps, which should help to resolve the issue. 

Good luck!

Alice

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,651 Views)