Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you designate an entire labview process to particular processors on a multi-core computer? (not just particular timed-loops for example)

I am planning on having two Labview applications running on one powerful multi-core computer (Like a HP Z400).  One of the processes is CPU intensive (I have already developed most of it) - it seems to take like 75% of my 2-CPU computers resources.  Therefore I am planning on buying a quad or six-core Z400 (or something similar) and want to dedicate half the processors to one application and the remainder to the other application.  Is this possible?  I already know that in the configuration of certain loops - like a timed loop for example (I am using Labview 2011 developer) you can force a particular processor to handle that loop.  This is a good start - but I want to know how I can force the entire application to be handled only for a couple specific processors.  

One way might be to put the entire program into a master loop dedicated to that processor?  But if I do that - will it automatically put every other loop within it to that same processor?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.  

The application - to give it some context - is for one application to be inserted onto the CAN-bus of a prototype hydrogen vehicle - interacting with the vehicles computers - and for the other application to be controlling a laboratory based control operation - cycling gas into and out of tanks and controlling various paramters.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,637 Views)

Hi

On such a system it is possible to run LabVIEW Real Time and Windows next to each other.

This seems a good example where you can benefit from such combination.

You have to contact NI to find how to make it possible.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,633 Views)