Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't restart cRio 9074 with Automation & Measurement Explorer

Hi,

First, excuse me if my question is trivial, i'm new with National Instrument communication.

I need to restart a distant cRio 9074, programmed with labview 8.6.1. I installed NI-RIO 4.0, and I can see - very slowly - the cRio in Measurement & Automation Explorer V5.0. However, it stays "disconnected", and the "restart" command is disabled.

Any idea?

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,633 Views)

Hello Toma_q,

If your cRIO is flagged as disconnected, there must be some problem with the configuration.

Can you do this manipulation:

1- Verify that you have the correct software: ni RIO, ni RT, LabVIEW Version and their compatibility :

=> NI RIO 4.0 and LV 8.6.1 is not compatible for exemple

= > you need to install LV 2009 SP1 or downgrade to the proper NI RIO version

2- Verify that your software, and ethernet configuration is set properly

Once MAX will be able to see your cRIO on the network, you will be able to restart it right clicking on it.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Bye

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,607 Views)

Hi,

I chose the ni-RIO V4.0 according to the attached compatibility list. I suppose the cRio was programmed with labview 8.6.1 since it is the version of the remote front panel applications.

Unfortunately, I completely loose the IP connection with the cRio last friday - I don't know if it is related with some connection try through LabView 2017. I have to send somebody on site.

Thank you for your answer anyway!

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,576 Views)