Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Osciloscope via USB

Hi, Im noob with Labview, Im trying to connect Lecroy Waverunner serie 6000 via USB but NI Device Monitor isn't detecting it. Im using last version with NI-VISA/488.2/DAQmx and this driver http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=07C0AC709BD14C10E0440003BA7CCD... Its the base default driver for all Waverunner scope.

Im trying to get the VISA name via Labview with the object of the driver but is imposible to me. If someone can give some advice or guide, I will be very grateful.

Im getting this errors:

-Error -1073807346 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in LeCroy Wave Series.lvlib:Write.vi->LeCroy Wave Series.lvlib:Screen Capture.vi->Untitled 1

-VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF000E) The given session or object reference is invalid.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(878 Views)

@FernandoFG wrote:

Hi, Im noob with Labview, Im trying to connect Lecroy Waverunner serie 6000 via USB but NI Device Monitor isn't detecting it.

It isn't a NI device, so there is no reason NI Device Monitor should detect it.  However, it should show up in MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) as a raw USB VISA device or as a COM port (I have not used a Lecroy Waverunner, so I am not certain which).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(853 Views)

Ok thanks, that is nice information, however it dont appear in MAX, so I need try to see it as RAW or COM. I dont know how to do that, but thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(840 Views)