Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTROLLING THOR LABS TXP5016 (ITC5012) WITH MATLAB THROUGH VISA (SERIAL OR TCPIP)

I want to use matlab controlling THOR LABS TXP5012 (ITC5012), but it is not working.

What I do is following:

1. install NI-VISA 4.6.2;

2. install drivers of TXP5012 and ITC5012

3. creat visa in matlab: vserial=visa('ni', 'ASRL1::INSTR')

The result is 'Unable to creat VISA object. The required driver may not be installed properly'

Any one would give me suggestion about how to solve this problem?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,657 Views)

Hello dianfan,

I recommend confirming VISA communication with your devices through Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX).  Once that is confirmed, you should consult the installation instructions for the instrument drivers and confirm that they were installed according to the directions.  If those two steps don't remedy your situation, I recommend that you contact the technical support for your development environment.

LabVIEW has some great instrument control features, so you also might want to consider giving it a try.  Also, we have an instrument driver troubleshooting guide that you might find useful.

Cheers,

NathanT

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,632 Views)

Thank you so much! Actually, MAX do not find any VISA resource but do find the interfaces of TCP/IP and COM. The technical support email me that the instrument use DLL. I wil try.

Thank again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,630 Views)

Hey,

I was wondering if you could solve the problem. I have the same issue when I connect TDC001 Thorlab DC motor through USB. No USB connection is found.

Thanks,

Zahra

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,305 Views)

Hi Zahra,

Do you have ThorLab's software installed?

This post might be of use:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/tdc001-thorlabs/m-p/780347

Hope this helps!

Chris T.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,274 Views)