Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIIL support

Dear Sir,

I want to use NI GPIB-RS232  to connect a Simulator and a PC(COM1 or COM2).

Please find the attached Programming manual for simulato model 5330. In the document, it is mentioned that, it uses CIIL.

I have some query related to this.

1. Does GPIB-RS232 convertor support CIIL ?

2. Can I use Teraterm Macro language to send the commands to simulator ?

Teraterm Macro sends ASCII characters to COM1/COM2. Doesn't it suffice to configure and contorl the simulator ?

Pease help me.

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

Thulasi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,987 Views)

The CIIL is the command language of the instrument. It is supported by the instrument only. Asking whether a CGPIB or Serial-GPIB converter supports it is not relevant.

You should be able to use any terminal emulator program to talk to the serial port. Just try it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,974 Views)

Dear Mr. Knight,

I know that the CIIL is supported by simulator Model 5330. But, I have to send this commands to the instrument through GPIB Interface of the instrument.  

So, I just wanted to confirm that by using teraterm and RS232-GPIB converter, I should be able to send this ASCII commands to the instrument. Right. ?

Or do I need use software like LabView etc ?

I have not bought any RS232-GPIB convetor. Thats why I am getting lot of doubst.  

Please answer and confirm.

Thanks for any words of wisdom,

Thulasi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,959 Views)

"You should be able to use any terminal emulator program to talk to the serial port. "

No, you don't need LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,945 Views)