Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability of older version of NI-488.2 driver for Windows XP

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I have an LC584A Lecroy scope that I want to update. This can only be done through GPIB and Lecroy's ScopeXplorer, which runs only with Windows XP (or older). I set up an XP machine and borrowed a GPIB-ENET/1000 interface but I can't find the NI-488.2 driver anywhere. The only version I could download only supports the GPIB-ENET/100 interface.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 10
(10,968 Views)

NI-488.2 Driver Versions for Microsoft Windows, MacOS and Linux

In above link, you can check which driver supports Win XP.

Recently, NI removed links to old driver from web page : ( (I don't know why they did such operation)

If you want old driver, ask NI support.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(10,951 Views)

Emboar@Tepig wrote:

NI-488.2 Driver Versions for Microsoft Windows, MacOS and Linux

In above link, you can check which driver supports Win XP.

Recently, NI removed links to old driver from web page : ( (I don't know why they did such operation)

If you want old driver, ask NI support.

Thanks. I had already found the information. The latest version supporting XP is 2016.02 but it's not available.

I was hoping someone from NI read this forum and could help.

Nicolas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(10,942 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NicoMatr
I found an install DVD to borrow, along with the ENET/GPIB-1000, and managed to get everything to work. Updated my scope and then deinstalled everything because I won't need it anymore. A lot of trouble and time for such a small task... Nicolas
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(10,904 Views)

I have the same problem. Could you share the driver ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(10,503 Views)

Same problem here.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(9,921 Views)

Referencing this:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/5326/en/

Try here:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/gpib/

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 7 of 10
(9,910 Views)

Hi,

I would like to access the ftp link you posted. It asks me for username and password. What shall I put in? I have created an account on this forum but login details from here do not seem to work. I really need a driver for windows XP and they seem to be really hard to find.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,205 Views)

I have a PCI-GPIB IEEE 488.2 Card, model 183617K and I'm also in search of Windows XP drivers. that's why I'm here, and I"m also not having any luck finding it. So frustrating. I think I found it on archive.org, but it wasn't available for download there. How much effort does it take to simply have an archive of old drivers on NI's site??

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(481 Views)

Older drivers for NI488.2 are no longer available on the web due to countermeasures against GPIB-USB-HS imitations.

(Older drivers do not have the ability to identify imitations, so they can be used like legitimate products.)

Older drivers can be obtained by contacting NI support individually.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019QOfSAM

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(462 Views)