Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to communicate with two serial port on one pc?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys, 

Now I set the platform to measure the magnetic field, so I have a 3 axis motor system and a probe. Now I already controlled the motor to write and read data on labview, the rest thing is to let the probe to write and read some data on every motor axis position. So is it OK for labview to communicate with 2 serial port?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,314 Views)

You can add as much serial ports as you have interfaces, and since USB to serial connectors are widely available it only depends on which interface to buy.

I personally always use FTDI interfaces but there are more possibilities, just don't buy the cheapest one.

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 2 of 3
(2,296 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zyb1003

Way back in the day, I had an application that ran 8 serial ports.  And things have just gotten better over the years.  So you should have no issue at all communicating over multiple serial ports.

Personally, I am a fan of StarTech products.  I use the ICUSB2324I every day anymore.  That is a 4 port USB-Serial adapter.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 3
(2,268 Views)