From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andor Newton CCD Camera problem

Hi, I have a problem that I can't solve with my camera. 

I'm using the functions given by Andor to control the camera, in order to acquire spectra from spectrograph. 

The camera can be also controlled by "Andor Solis" proprietary software, and data from Solis and LabView is different. Seems that from my VI I'm acquiring only noise. 

Notes: 

- I'm working in full vertical binning. 

- my VI for each column gives me a value that seems counts for each pixel (almost 300)

I attach a VI with a simple version of the program. It doesn't have temperature control but in the real program I'm working with CCD at the same T in Solis and my VI

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,556 Views)

Hi gian_cinc,

just two remarks.

• You attached one VI but no subVIs, so I couldn't even examine your code. Are you using subVIs provided by the camera producer, maybe?
  • I noticed that you are using LabVIEW 2014, which is not compatible with Windows 10, as you can see in this page: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53409/en/

Regards,

Alessia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,357 Views)

hello, do you solve this problem? I also only collect the noise and don't know why. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,018 Views)

Hi, 

Yes, after a big headache an expert from Andor helped me and we found out that it was a device failure in an internal amplifier (gain..) of the camera

I set the gain to no gain and disable all the anplification options, 

For the setting I followed the setting of the Andor Solis and it works.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,001 Views)