From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent PSA Spectrum Analyzer Phase Noise change reference level

Solved!
Go to solution

I am remotely controlling an E4448A PSA Series Spectrum Analyzer. When asked SYS:VERS? it responds with 1997.

I have successfully remotely controlled the Phase Noise measurement data collection but I need to be able to also take a screenshot.

I have had the screenshot functionality working for a while.

The problem is that I cannot get the reference level to change to bring the signal into view for the screenshot.

I have tried many variations of commands found in different documents but none do the trick.

For example, I can query DISP:MON:WIND:TRAC:Y:SCAL:RLEV? which returns 0, then set it DISP:MON:WIND:TRAC:Y:SCAL:RLEV -40 and query again and get -40.

So it's changing something but nothing happens on the screen. The reference level for the log plot remains at the default -70.

It appears to be changing something outside of the Phase Noise personality.

Any changes to the command to include LPL result in an undefined header error.

I have scoured the PSA Series Spectrum Analyzers Option 226 Phase Noise Guide, the User's and Programmer's Reference, Volume 2 One-Button Power Measurements as well as N9068A & W9068A Phase Noise Measurement Application User's & Programmer's Reference to no avail.

Any suggestions appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(655 Views)

Any success reaching out to Agilent technical support to see if it is actually feasible over remote control? maybe that specific firmware doesn't support?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 3
(649 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author noraask

No luck with Agilent. They sent me to Keysight who no longer supports the model E4448.

I ended up just saving a state with the reference level where it needs to be and remotely recalling the state, which is not ideal but will suffice.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(583 Views)