Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent E2050A lan-GPIB gateway and Labview 6

I am using a system that has a E2050A in it. All the HP/Agilent lowlevel drivers are installed (SICL/VISA etc). Under Labwindows CVI everything works fine, but I need to run some Labview code, but in Labview I can't see/talk to ANY VISA resources, not even the serial ports! Has anyone managed to configure a system with this configuration successfully?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,151 Views)
Here's a knowledge-base about using HPIB cards in LabVIEW:

http://www.ni.com/cgi-bin/search/search.cgi?scope=knowledgebase&query=20KCIS7Z

Be sure to follow everything carefully. If this doesn't help, you can search for more knowledge-bases at http://search.ni.com/search/?layout=KB

Randy Solomonson
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,151 Views)
Unfortunately, my question isn't about an HPIB card, it is about a HPIB-lan gateway, similar to the GPIB-ENET box that NI do.
The problem with installing HP SICL and then NI-VISA and NI488.2 is that the 'standard' NI488.2 doesn't support a 'VISA LAN client' type remote interface.
The NI GPIB-ENET box comes with NI488.2M which seems to support what I need, but unfortunately it is not available for free!!
What really puzzles me is why Labwindows CVI works, but LABview doesn't, what is the difference with the VISA access functions?
Paul
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,150 Views)
Paul:

There is a known problem with the Agilent VISA driver version J, specifically with the way it is called by LabVIEW. They have a patch for it available.

Dan Mondrik
Senior Software Engineer, NI-VISA
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,151 Views)
Thanks....I'll follow this lead up, and let everyone know if it resolves the issue.
Watch this space!!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,151 Views)
Dan,
Can you give me any pointers to where I might find the patch. I've searched Agilent's support site and looked throough their IO drivers download area....could find no mention of a patch to resolve any Labview interworking issues.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,151 Views)