Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 1100 syntax error

Well that link was very helpful, especially seeing how you integrated the different components together in the code. so here are my questions at the moment and if you could help with any of them I would really appreciate it. 

So the goal of what I am trying to accomplish is integrating three pumps together into a system controlled by one VI. Two will be gradient pumps and one will be an isocratic pump. 

Questions:

1. Do you see any issues with having three pumps being controlled via one VI. would I just assign perminant IP addresses to each and connect to them that way?

2. I saw in the paper that gradient runs were not possible to achieve with that driver. However can you not just make the composition %B or C,D a time dependent function thus creating a gradient based on your function. or is there some issue with this that I am not forseeing. 

3. Do you know if creating a purge function is possible (not entirely necessary for my project just something I was thinking about)

I think thats it for now. 

Thanks everyone in advance for your help. 

Kyle

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(1,863 Views)

Nice that you found it useful 🙂

1. No idea actually, but I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work.

2. If you change the composition the pump resets, ie. turns off and on. I actually tried something very similar to what you are thinking but instead of a smooth gradient it was more like a stepladder with very unstable flow rates. If I recall correctly the reset also screwed up the data from the detector.

3. Should be possible to just open the purge valves by hand and then ramp up the flow rate in the program. If you create it as a subVI you should be able to implement it easily in other projects as well.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(1,858 Views)

Do you remember what caused the reset. And do you remember how you tried to implement the function. I could see where just trying to add a function directly to the configure pump VI would cause a problem but i feel there should be a workaround that wouldnt cause the reset to happen. Possibly adding queues so that possibly every set time interval the % composition for the configure pump IV is called and obtains the updated % based on the function. I personally have never worked with queues (and dont know whats causing the reset) but this would avoid attaching a function directly to that configure pump VI.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28
(1,851 Views)

And I must add Forzo, that you have made a beautiful Vi. Im enjoying reading through it and exploring its ins and outs 

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(1,844 Views)

Wow thanks for the compliment! I just remember it as a cluttered mess :P. It was never really meant for someone else to see so there might be some Swedish in it, but hopefully you can figure out what it means 🙂

I think I just tried to set the composition through the configure pump VI and that the VI does the reset when called. It might be possible to find a workaround, I didn't really need it so I didn't spend that much time trying to get it working. Best of luck to you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28
(1,829 Views)

It seems you could used this vi to control and get the signal for 1100?

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 28
(1,528 Views)

Were you ever able to figure out a solution to this "read timeout" error mentioned by mdc5235 above; I am having the same issue just with the Agilent 1367A autosampler in the 1100 series. Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28
(1,520 Views)

Hi Forzo,

Looking to get communication to an Agilent HPLC stack which consists of 1100 model modules. If I am understanding this correctly the communication is done through an expansion card like a G1369 LAN-interface card. My question is has anybody tried communication through the RS232 port on any of the module?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28
(1,444 Views)