Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice about buying power supply and ADC-DAC card.

Hi everyone!

I have LabVIEW 2014 and i need to buy a power supply which i could program with it(with LabVIEW library). Power supply must have 3 channels, limit power up to 600 Watt (for example 60V 25A: 60V-10A;24V-25A), usb interface and if it possible RS-232. Purpose of this power supply to measure structures in wide diapason of voltage and current. I have experience with programing power supply PPS3205T-3S and its took time to program it through connection protocol couse i coudn't find labview library for it. May be you use some good equipment and can give me advise about it or where i can buy it.

Also i need ADC-DAC card with ADC resolution 12 bit and usb interface(with LabVIEW library), with which i would able to collect data from power supply and apply voltage 10V.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,352 Views)

To get the combinations you want, you might have to look more at a 750W power supply and get 3 of them.  If shopping NI, the RMX-4121 should do the job.  TDK has a 1500W that will meet your specs as well (GEN60-25-D).

As far as DAQs are concerned, how many channels do you need for the inputs and outputs?  10V is a typical maximum voltage for DAQs, so the channel count will be your biggest issue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,348 Views)

thanks for reply, ok, which power supply i can buy with 3 channels  or at least 2, and what power limit they have? Do you have work experience with those power supply?

About DAQ card: 16 single-ended channels or 8 differential inputs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,336 Views)