From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice about buying power supply and ADC-DAC card.

Hi everyone!

I have LabVIEW 2014 and i need to buy a power supply which i could program with it(with LabVIEW library). Power supply must have 3 channels, limit power up to 600 Watt (for example 60V 25A: 60V-10A;24V-25A), usb interface and if it possible RS-232. Purpose of this power supply to measure structures in wide diapason of voltage and current. I have experience with programing power supply PPS3205T-3S and its took time to program it through connection protocol couse i coudn't find labview library for it. May be you use some good equipment and can give me advise about it or where i can buy it.

Also i need ADC-DAC card with ADC resolution 12 bit and usb interface(with LabVIEW library), with which i would able to collect data from power supply and apply voltage 10V.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,368 Views)

To get the combinations you want, you might have to look more at a 750W power supply and get 3 of them.  If shopping NI, the RMX-4121 should do the job.  TDK has a 1500W that will meet your specs as well (GEN60-25-D).

As far as DAQs are concerned, how many channels do you need for the inputs and outputs?  10V is a typical maximum voltage for DAQs, so the channel count will be your biggest issue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,364 Views)

thanks for reply, ok, which power supply i can buy with 3 channels  or at least 2, and what power limit they have? Do you have work experience with those power supply?

About DAQ card: 16 single-ended channels or 8 differential inputs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,352 Views)