Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a I-V graph to the 'Sweep and Acquire...' Example for Keithley 2401

Please forgive that I am a newbie to labview. I have looked around for an answer but haven't found one that does specifically what I want.

I would like to edit the Keithley 2401 'Sweep and Acquire Measurements' program to output a voltage vs. current graph, as well as outputting an excel file or some sort of readable array of data. I'm honestly not even sure where to start editing the program. I have tried going into the block diagram and replacing the waveform plot with an x-y, but keep getting an error that I have mismatched arrays. Could anybody point me in the right direction? 

Thank you,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,582 Views)

Hi

A waveform graph only needs two arrays and will plot them as function of index.

An xy graph needs a cluster with two arrays the x values and the y values.

If you have measured the current and the voltages you can display this by bundling the x values and y values and connecting the bundle (cluster) to the xy graph.

In the block diagram hover over the xy graph with help open (ctrl-H).

You wil see the way to connect one and more graphs.

By pressing ctrl-space and typing bundle while in the block diagram you can insert the bundle function into the diagram when pressing enter.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,551 Views)

The example plot either "current vs voltage" as default or if you change the Source mode to Current then it plots "voltage vs. current".  The X and Y labels are wrong and don't change to match what's being plotted.

Here's a quick example of how to get a text file and display arrays of data.

modified_Keithley 24XX Sweep and Acquire Measurements.png

You can drag this image into a LabVIEW VI to test the code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,542 Views)

could you send the VI for keithey 2401 to ,measute voltage vs time and ciurrent vs time

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,866 Views)

Hello

I'm facing same problem as you posted. I need an I-V curve as well as the data

Could you please send me the latest solution to the IV?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,633 Views)