From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adam Equipment Highland 3001 Scale

I am using the Adam Equipment Highland 3001 Precision Scale over USB.  I am having significant difficulties getting any response or measurements from the scale.  It seems to accept the Initialize and Tare vi's without any problems and beep after each Tare instance, but the Read and Fetch commands do not work at all.  They continually timeout.  I have tried communicating with the scale using the VISA Test Panel in MAX, but to no avail.  

I am running Labview 2013, MAX 5.5, and VISA 5.4. A colleague has used the scale with Labview 2012 and previous versions of MAX and VISA.  One quirk that has been noted is that, depending on how the systems are brought up, the scale may require a power cycle before it communicates through VISA.  Is there a difference in stability between using the USB connection and Serial connection? Can someone point me an appropriate forum or provide some guidance to address this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,581 Views)

@sidelining wrote:

I am using the Adam Equipment Highland 3001 Precision Scale over USB.  I am having significant difficulties getting any response or measurements from the scale.  It seems to accept the Initialize and Tare vi's without any problems and beep after each Tare instance, but the Read and Fetch commands do not work at all.  They continually timeout.  I have tried communicating with the scale using the VISA Test Panel in MAX, but to no avail.  

I am running Labview 2013, MAX 5.5, and VISA 5.4. A colleague has used the scale with Labview 2012 and previous versions of MAX and VISA.  One quirk that has been noted is that, depending on how the systems are brought up, the scale may require a power cycle before it communicates through VISA.  Is there a difference in stability between using the USB connection and Serial connection? Can someone point me an appropriate forum or provide some guidance to address this issue?

These questions are best answered by reading the manual for this instrument.

I doubt anyone has one around that they can test your VI with.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,566 Views)