Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abort problem after installing NI-VISA 18.0.0 and PyVisa on Mac

Hi I appreciate the quick response.

I do not see the option to allow system preferences yet but maybe after I restart or reboot my mac.
I will update you about the status of this here. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(856 Views)

It worked! Thank you so much!!! I've been struggling with this for at least 2 days.

You are greatly appreciated. This is a good forum on this issue and I will let my colleagues know about this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(856 Views)

Try this worked for me:

Reboot your system, then go to System Preferences->Security & Privacy->General.  Hopefully you'll see 'System Software from developer "National Instruments" was blocked from loading.' with an "Allow" button.  Clicking "Allow" should authorize the loading of kernel extensions from National Instruments.

This is one time deal (no need to do it over and over), however I do experience one issue when I disconnect (physically) device (after previously using it) and then connect and try to talk to it again I may not see it (sometimes). In that case reboot always resolves it.

@bjtransistor wrote:

I am having this same exact issue as everyone on this board.

At first I thought it had to do with running on zsh, so I reverted back to bash using

exec bash

But that wasn't it. I reinstalled everything once again and am still getting the same issue.

Has anyone resolved it yet?

Does it have something to do with pip?

Message 13 of 13
(856 Views)