From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A weird communication failure occurred using a Keysight oscilloscope

I use Keysight oscilloscopes, models are DSOX3024T and DSOX4024 respectively,Labview and Visa are 2017 versions.Running the waveform reading program 20,000 times in a row on one computer is fine, but running it about 50 times on other computers will cause the oscilloscope to freeze,VISA error 0xBFFF003E(DSOX4024 about 200 times).The study found no problems with computers without USB3.0.

Because it is difficult to return the computer to USB2.0 driver, SO I used LAN communication, DSXO4024 before running the program can execute 2000 times or so crash, DSOX3024T is in the experiment. Share this experience with everyone, have similar experience can discuss

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(994 Views)

i

Sorry but I do not understand what is happening.

What is in your program?

How many times do you open or close the visa reference?

Did you make sure that the usb power off option in windows is disabled?

What are the differences between the operating systems of the good working pc and the crashing one?

Maybe yo can shine some light on what you exactly try to do?

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(959 Views)

The main thing is to read the waveform data collected by the oscilloscope.Each collection starts and stops with a delay of one seconds.The main difference for PCS is SSD and USB.In addition, I have tried a computer reinstalled the system can run thousands of times, and then after updating the USB3.0 driver, something went wrong.The computer is set not to sleep and is connected to more than one device.The experiment in the video is to reproduce this problem. The actual situation is that the oscilloscope was used about 50 times in 8 hours to read the waveform, and strangely enough, if it was paused, it would not be a problem to read the waveform repeatedly.

video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFxQYaBBgJk

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(901 Views)

The main thing is to read the waveform data collected by the oscilloscope.Each collection starts and stops with a delay of one seconds.The main difference for PCS is SSD and USB.In addition, I have tried a computer reinstalled the system can run thousands of times, and then after updating the USB3.0, something went wrong.The computer is set not to sleep and is connected to more than one device.The experiment in the video is to reproduce this problem. The actual situation is that the oscilloscope was used about 50 times in 8 hours to read the waveform, and strangely enough, if it was paused, it would not be a problem to read the waveform repeatedly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFxQYaBBgJk

Recently, DSOX4024A was used to communicate through LAN, and another situation occurred. The oscilloscope displayed an error and crashed.

c9545184-c73e-4869-87f5-0ca8c9983776.jpg

(Why do my replies always disappear.  -_-!!)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(905 Views)