From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit version ni4882.obj for borland

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

Is there a 64 bit version of ni4882.obj for borland?

There is 32 bit version in c:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\lib32\borland\

Also there is a file for another platform c:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\lib32\msvc\

But 64 bit version exists only in c:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\lib64\msvc\

And it is not suitable for C++ RAD Studio XE. Compiler says: [ilink64 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'NI4882X64.O'

32 bit version compiles ok.

Any ideas? Or may be links?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,583 Views)

Hi,

While there is not a 64-bit version of ni4882.obj for Borland, starting with NI-488.2 for Windows, Version 3.1, you can now use Direct Entry to access the 64-bit version of the NI4882 DLL.

GPIB Download page for 3.1: NI-488.2 for Windows, Version 3.1

For information about how to do Direct Entry, search for "Direct Entry" in the online NI-488.2 Help file.

Hope this information is helps.

gpibtester

Message 2 of 7
(5,570 Views)
Thank you! I will check this out on monday.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,566 Views)

Okay, i tried this out and it would not work.

I updated my software from the link you gave me with all default settings. Just pressed ok,ok,ok,accept etc.

I replaced files in my project with files from new version (c:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\include\).

But I still get the same error. And if comment string #pragma link "ni4882" I get errors "Unresolved extrernal ibsta()", "Unresolved extrernal ibdev()" etc.

It is obvious that I do something wrong. Should I include some other files? Not ni4882.h and ni4882.obj?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,543 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PickRelated

Direct Entry accesses the ni4882.dll directly instead of using the language interface (.obj). An oversimplified way of stating it, with Direct Entry you need to load the ni4882.dll (LoadLibrary), get pointers to the global variables and any functions your application needs (GetProcAddress), and at the end of your application, unload the dll (FreeLibrary).

There are a couple of Direct Entry examples that you can refer to. You can access the examples through Start»Programs»National Instruments»NI-488.2»Examples»DLL Direct Entry. The examples show you how to use the above mentioned calls along with how to make GPIB calls.

For additional information about Direct Entry, you can refer to the online help through Start»Programs»National Instruments»NI-488.2»GPIB Help.

Hope this information is helpful.

gpibtester

Message 5 of 7
(5,535 Views)

Wery well. But I cannot find ni4882.dll anywhere. Where is it hidden? Should I put it in to my project folder?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,507 Views)

Okay, I succeeded connecting to library. Thank you for your attention!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,503 Views)