InsightCM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InsightCM 3.3 server not starting after clean install on Windows Server 2012 r2

Solved!
Go to solution

After installing IIS on the server, I ran the installer for InsightCM.  Upon a successful installation, I restarted the server.  When the server restarted, it began running the command line steps.    Some of the steps had errors of sorts.  See the attached log.  

After the system finished, I restarted the server and InsightCM still does not start.  

Can I re-run the command line steps individually, insuring that I am running the command line with full administrative privileges?  

Preston Johnson
Principal, Intelligent Monitoring and IIoT
Allied Reliability Group
512 431 2371
johnsonp@alliedreliability.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(646 Views)

Hi Preston,

I recommend using using the service manager batch file that ships with InsightCM. Could you try running the following command to see if it resolves the issue or if any errors are thrown?

> "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\InsightCM Server 3.0\ServiceManagerApp.bat"

In addition, you could try running the Initial Config Tool again:

> "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\InsightCM Server 3.0\initialconfigtool.exe" --forceServer

As you mentioned, make sure you're running the commands as Admin.

After trying those steps, could you post screenshots of any errors along with screenshots of the NI services in Windows Services?

Thanks,

Brian P.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(616 Views)
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author preston_johnson
01-13-2019 09:31 AM

Thanks for your help Brian.  Recalling that I likely did not run the installer as administrator, even though I am logged in as administrator, I decided to do an un-install and re-install.  I had a related issue with another installation I did back in November and obtained the attached instructions.  Following these instructions, and then insuring I ran the installer as administrator.  InsightCM installed correctly then.  

Thanks for your support!  I am up and running now.  

Preston Johnson
Principal, Intelligent Monitoring and IIoT
Allied Reliability Group
512 431 2371
johnsonp@alliedreliability.com
Message 3 of 3
(573 Views)