Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to connect Applicom OPC server.1 from Server Explorer 2.4.1?

Hi!

My problem is when i want to connect Applicom OPC server.1 from Server Explorer, i do it, but at the end of the configuration after click OK, an error appears and the items are not well installed, i think. The item features Value, Timestamp and Quality are displayed with "???" since the first item CARD1. What does it means? Don't the items i want exist?.
My PCboard is: PC15000PFB. I don't know what happen. I'd be so grateful for some help.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(10,347 Views)

Hello Andoni

We have exactly the same board and have just got my head around how to do this. the applicom manuals are not incredibly helpful.

The server explorer only brings in the 0 word or bit or byte. i.e. FI0, WI0 B0 etc. what you have to do is configure each for want you want to bring in, and this could be any word bit or byte from 0-12 or more so try each. for example we are using profibus field devices that require FI1, but that is not all as some bit swaping needs to be done along the way and the extended prefix will be _X1, _X2, _X3 depending on the swaping you require to get the right numbers out. On one of our smar devices we needed WI10_X1 to get the pressure value out. trust me it takes a bit of time but it sounds like you are in a similar position to myself and are self teaching along the way.

i hope this helps 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(10,070 Views)