Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configurator for PCI-8532?

Is there a configurator or Simple Who like application for the PCI-8532 like there is for the PCI-DNET card? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,471 Views)

No, there is not such a tool available but the LV project offers a automatic discovery and a testpanel to search for connected slaves and test them.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,466 Views)

Thanks for the confirmation, Dirk. I was really hoping that I was missing something.  The main concern is that this functionality wouldn't be available on a system that only has the LabVIEW executable file.  This would make it really difficult to diagnose issues at the customer's site since being able to explore the network is really handy.  Hopefully this is something that NI is planning to add to a future driver for the card.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,463 Views)

Definitely. We are working on an API that would be compatible with the old one and that would allow for such a tool. I hope we can come up with something in this quarter. Check with your sales representative or monitor the NI drivers and download page regularly.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,457 Views)

Dirk,

Have you completed this?  We need it too.  With the PCI-CAN card, you could do this from NI MAX.

Thanks,

Andy

Message 5 of 5
(6,192 Views)