From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRio profibus - download of configuration not working

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i received a cRio 9074 and a cRrio PB module from NI to test the configuration and see if we want to use it for an upcoming project. So far this setup is giving me a lot of trouble and I ran into a problem i can't solve on my own. I want to run the module as master.

While the drive selection in configurator is working, I'm unable to download any configuration i create with the comsoft configurator onto the module. The programm just always stops, giving me an error log as attached. I updated all software as requested and recommended in all post and documents i could find but no success.

I'm running the following specs:

chassis: cRio 9074

module: cRio PB master/slave

NI-MAX 5.5.0f0

NI-RIO 13.0

NI-VISA 5.4 (with the security settings set as requested in all setup instructions)

Comsoft configurator3  2.1.4

Crio PB GSD 1.00 (thats what the GSD file states, even dough i installed cRIO_PB_Master_2.0.1)

Win7SP1

I disable all firewalls and am running the cRio in a local ethernet.

I have truly no idea what to do anymore.

Any help is highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,883 Views)

Hi JBret, 

I will need to talk to Comsoft about the error log. However, 

-Can you make sure the module is not in autoslave mode. 

-Can you post pictures of the configurator screen. 

-Can you let me know what version of the profibus driver you are using. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
Message 2 of 9
(6,853 Views)

Picture of the configurator screens are attached.

For the profibus driver version i have no idea how to find that out, i attached you the .gsd for the NI-module im using, so maybe that helps you.

As for autoslave: Both the RUN and BF-LED are rapidly flashing, so i guess that means it si in autoslave mode.

How can i get the module out of this mode?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,849 Views)

I notice you are offline when starting the download.Are you able to go online without issues? 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,843 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JBret

Ok, 

I think I know the problem, The module cannot have a configuration downloaded when it is in autoslave mode. This is explained in the manual but the error thrown isn't helpful. Run the master example to take the slave out of autoslave mode. After that you should be able to download the configuration. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
Message 5 of 9
(6,842 Views)

I try my best, but i just cant get it to work.

While I'm am able to find the comsoft device in labview, im not able to switch it over to master mode.

I used the master example, created a new project with my cRio and copied the files over as it is stated in the "get started with crio profibus" manual. 

Now my device is a 9074, the one used in the example seems to be a 9073. 

So as soon as i start the vi i get an error as shown in the attached screen.

Do you have any idea how i can solve this problem, so that i then hopefully can start working with the Profibus?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,833 Views)

Hi AEs, 

Can you help JBret get his compilation setup right? 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,821 Views)

Thank you very much Jesse for your help.

The problem was indeed the autoslave-mode.

After 2 days of convincing my labview, cRio, the newest software from comsoft and the FPGA compiler it finaly worked. 

For anybody else running into similar problems:

I had labview 2010 and 2013 running in parallel, both the comsoft driver and the FPGA compiler from xilinx didnt like that at all.

Basically it forced me to scratch my whole windows system and set it up with only LV2013 running. 

Then everything actually worked like described in the manual from comsoft.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,799 Views)

Good to hear, sorry you had issues. 

You can run the two versions in parallel. I run 2011 and 2013 consistently. It sounds like you had an installation issue thout. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,793 Views)