Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Profibus Module stop working

Hi,

i've been using a crio profibus mobule for monthes and suddenly, it started to stop working. it is configured as a slave and both the master and the slave pretend to be connected. Nervertheless, the data array is empty.

There is no error message. it doesn't change anything to reboot the cRIO but the profibus module works properly after powering off and on.

Does anyone has an idea of where this trouble comes from?

I'm running labview 2017, the module is in the slot 1.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,313 Views)

are you saying the module has data again when you power cycle the module?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,301 Views)

Yes.

It already appened 3 times. Restarting the crio doesn't solve the problem. Powering off and on the crio and the profibus module (external power supply) thanks to the main switch make the communication working again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,298 Views)

That sounds like something in your code might cause this to happen. try implementing and LED blink loop in your code to make sure the FPGA still works. Then start debugging your code, check for errors etc.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,278 Views)

Did you find any root cause for this issue ? I am running into same issues lately after having it working for a while. Abruptly module is not responding and have no choice but to reboot entire module and cRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,751 Views)

In my case, the origin of this trouble was a too high cpu load of the RT. I set the profibus actor as "high priority" (cpu access) and decrease the priority of other actors. 

I hope this will help you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,740 Views)

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I am debugging the software but cannot solve the issue.

Did you solve the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,437 Views)