Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Maxon MAXPOS motor drive for EtherCAT slave with cRIO-9054 (changing to operational state returns errors)

Hello community, this is my first time using NI cRIO-9054 as master device to control the motors.

I am currently trying to establish EtherCAT connection between the cRIO and the MAXPOS, but I cannot get the axis to run.

When I read the error, it seems like that the EtherCAT slave (MAXPOS) refuses to change to an 'operational' state.

Constantly returning the same error below:

" NI-Industrial Communications for EtherCAT: (Hex 0x8005445D) An SDO request sent by the master has been aborted by the slave device due to incorrect initial commands or incorrect PDO selection. Check the configuration of the slave device on the device's property page and ensure that the configuration is correct. "

when I try to manually turn it to operational state via 'Online Device State' or

" The selected NI Scan Engine scan period is not supported by this drive. Choose a scan engine period as specified by the documentation for this axis plug-in and update the NI Scan Engine scan period in the LabVIEW project settings for this target."

when I try to run the axis via 'Interactive Test Panel'.

Note that I have not done any programming yet, and I am only configuring devices and axes in my LabView project (.lvproj).

The firmware version of my MAXPOS has been updated to 0121, but nothing seems to be working yet.

Can there be a solution to this problem?

I have been searching everywhere, but I could not find any answers yet.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,135 Views)

Hi,

Did you solved the problem? I have a similar problem with EPOS4.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,876 Views)

We have to manually install 'all of the required drivers' to run EtherCAT slave.

There is one that is provided by Maxon called 'SoftMotion Drive Interface' this is necessary.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,869 Views)

I'm trying EtherCAT communication between EPOS and sbRIO-9651. I really appreciate it if you let me know whether it is possible without using 'SoftMotion'?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,846 Views)