Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read EDS file for EtherNet IP

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Matt, 

Kudos!!

It was my mistake by  entering wrong Key Value. I corrected and it works!!!

Thank you for your support and solution!!!

Regards,

Ganesha Moorthy 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(5,029 Views)

Hi, you said

"NI EIP toolkit can only be an EIP adapter rather than a scanner. The role of a scanner is typically played by a PLC who should be able to parse EDS to read the electronic device description file of a particular EIP device."

Does that mean I cannot access/read data from a device that can send data over EtherNet/IP from my LabVIEW application? Only a PLC can do that?

And if I can, I would really want to know how as I am struggling with a device to communicate over EtherNet/IP from my LabVIEW application using EIP Adapter Toolkit.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,958 Views)

Hello,

i have the same problem / quesion. with a PLC a suceed in loading the EDS file and then read the date.

with Labview EthernetIP module, i can not find the good tag name spelling i think and i always get an error CIP status 0x4 (  invalid segment type) 

does anyone knows about a solution ?

I am using Labview 2018 SP1 with Ethernet IP adapter toolkit 18.0. 

I am connected to an Ethernet IP device (Zumbach ODAC LaserHead) at the address 192.168.1.30.

So connection is ok and I can read Attributes , but I did not succeed in reading any Tags. i always have the error 0x4 .

I assumed the spelling of the tag ( Prefix.Suffix) is not right

so I connected a Schneider PLC to the device to load the .eds file and read the Tag, it works perfectly well.

I copied the tag name in the Labview code ( Inputs.Measure_Dimension_1) :  it is not working.

I attach the screen shot of the PLC interface and the Labview code with the error.

Hopefully you can help me. Is it a tag format or spelling issue ? how can i know the tags names  ? is there any way to use an eds file to configure the data transfer like with a plc ? what should i do to get it work ?

petite01_0-1631190268215.jpeg

petite01_1-1631190268224.jpeg

petite01_2-1631190268230.jpeg

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,567 Views)