From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: cRIO Profibus Module is set to communicate with MVI56 PDPMV1

After cRIO Profibus Module is set to communicate with MVI56 PDPMV1, how is the control tags of 1756 -L73 mapping into addresss of cRIO Profibus Module ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(7,607 Views)

Hi Rig, 

It sounds like you already used the Configurator to get the MVI56 PDPMV1 configured, correct? 

If so I think your best bet is looking at the examples located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\addons\Comsoft.lib\Profibus VISA Driver. Save the Master example to a different name and use it as a starting point. 

Do you have the manual for the MVI56 PDPMV1? The input bytes from the master should be pretty standard in profibus. Any differences will be explained in the manual. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(7,600 Views)

If I have cRIO-9014 controller ,cRIO PB , cRIO 4215 , How the  cRIO-9014 controller can communicate with  MVI56 PDPMV1 through controller tags of 1756-L73  ?  Could you give me a simple example ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(7,594 Views)

Hi Rig, 

I don't have an example program specifically for that controller. I can help you figure it out- I need more information from you though. Can you clarify these points

1) Were you able to configure the profibus network with the configurator? 

2) Do you have the user manuals for the 1756-L73 and MVI56 PDPMV1? Can you post them here? 

3) Did you find the examples I posted above and look at them? 

It looks like you will have to setup the cRIO as a profibus slave for the MVI56 PDPMV1 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(7,585 Views)

Hi Jesse,

1) I did not configure the profibus network with configurator .I only suppose to be able to configure it .

2) I have manual of 1756-L73 and MVI56 PDPMV1.  you see it in attachment that will be attached .

3) I didnot  find the examples about them .

Yes, I had to configure  cRIO as a profibus slave for the MVI56 PDPMV1 and  MVI56 PDPMV1 is a profibus master.

Could you directly answer My below   questions  as you can ?

1. If I have cRIO-9014 controller  with cRIO PB , cRIO 4215 , what are operation system softwares in cRIO-9014

Control ?

2. How does I configure cRIO-9014 controller  in  operation system softwares to control I/O cRIO 4215 and set up  a communication  of  cRIO -9014 with PLC .

3.or how does cRIO-9014 controller  vist the tags of PLC .

3.If cRIO-9014 controller  with cRIO PB , cRIO 4215 are successfuly communicated with MVI56 PDPMV1

How does  cRIO-9014 controller know the tags of PLC through profibus of MVI56 PDPMV1  ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(7,574 Views)

please see mvi56 pdpmv1 manual .

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(7,572 Views)

Hi Rig, 

-If you can't find the examples I mentioned the PB driver may not have installed correctly and you may need to re-install. I highly recommend you focus on tracking down those examples. Additionally, there is a getting started guide in the Comsoft installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Comsoft GmbH\cRIO PB\Help). It will walk you through installing software on a cRIO. 

1) You will need to install Real Time and Profibus. This is explained in the getting started guide referenced above 

2) This is a basic programing task for the cRIO. The examples I referenced show how to use the Profibus API in labview. If you haven't use a cRIO before there is more basic information at ni.com/gettingstarted

3) See the examples I referenced. Tags are referenced through the LabVIEW Profibus API. 

4) The 9014 is a slave on the Profibus network. It only responds to messages from the master. While there are otherways to read tags from the controller with a 9014, I don't think you will be able to with Profibus. This is a limitation on the profibus specification. You can, however, write output data to the 9014. 

You keep referencing a cRIO 4215 but I don't know what module that is. Can you link a product page? 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(7,551 Views)

That isnot  NI4215 . It is NI 9215  4-Channel, 100 kS/s/ch, 16-bit, ±10 V Analog Input Module.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(7,548 Views)

Hi Rig, 

The 9215 programming issue is completely separate from the Profibus module question. I suggest that we focus on the profibus issue at the moment. Programming the 9215 will not be difficult and you can find prebuilt examples at ni.com/getting started or in the LabVIEW example finder. 

Thanks for getting the user manual. There is a getting started guide at C:\Program Files (x86)\Comsoft GmbH\cRIO PB\Help that explains how to copy the COMS0B57.GSD file so that you can configure the profibus master. Can you follow this guide and let me know when you hit hang points?  

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(7,529 Views)

Hi Jesse,

In cRIO PB DP -getting started  Slave manual in page 15 /23 , who decide the index  of header strurcture   ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(7,513 Views)