Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically pushing a Profibus configuration down to a cRIO PB module

Solved!
Go to solution

I have several different Kunbus configurations saved for my Profibus networks.  Currently the only way I can download a configuration to the cRIO is through the Kunbus Configurator III tool.  Is there a way I can programmatically download a configuration using LabVIEW? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,187 Views)

Hi AJLNVA,

There isn't a way to do this with the cRIO PB driver distribution. The method for downloading the configuration to the module is as you described through Configurator.

How big of an impact is this to your project?

Some programmatic changes are possible with the PCI / PXI DF PROFI II -  related thread.

-Andrew

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,073 Views)

Thank you for the reply Andrew.  Unfortunately, not being able to programmatically push new configurations down to the cRIO PB module will be a big impact to my customer.  In the system that I am replacing the end user can select from a menu of hardware configurations to match how the actual hardware is installed and the software calls up the correct configuration file (.2bf currently).  I was hoping I could get that same functionality with the cRIO PB module.  If some programmatic changes are possible with the PCI/PXI DF PROFI II do you think its possible to expand this to the cRIO PB?

R/

AJLNVA

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,049 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AJLNVA

There might be a way to programmatically download the CFG file to your module using a modified configurator DLL and an example.Please contact me directly under dirk.wieprecht@ni.com.

-DirkW-

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,043 Views)

Here is the download tool for LabVIEW 2014 or later.

-DirkW-

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,006 Views)

Does anyone have a POC at NI for Profibus?  I tried to email Dirk and the email was kicked back.  It appears Dirk may no longer be at NI.  I am looking for a refresh of the tool he provided via this thread before.  I now have a cRIO-9055 and LabVIEW 2020 and the tool he provided before does not support the 9055.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,594 Views)