Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profinet usage inLabVIEW

Does anyone have experience in using Profinet from LabVIEW?

I would like to connect some LV applications to a siemens PLC using profinet.

Is there special HW required?

Thanks!

Regards, Ben EngelenGTD Mechanization - Vision & Measurement

Philips Innovative Applications NV
Steenweg op Gierle 417
BE-2300 Turnhout
Belgium
Tel : 0032 14/40.70.80
visit us at www.philips.com/mechanization

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(13,390 Views)

Hello Ben,

Profinet requires deterministic timing and onboard CPU power to run the protocol. Thus you need a Profinet interface board. In the area of Profibus/Profinet National Instruments cooperates with Comsoft and they should have a Profinet board with good LabVIEW integration available. Please contact Comsoft for further information.

Thanks and kind regards,

Jochen Klier

National Instruments

Message 2 of 5
(13,389 Views)

Hello,

National Instruments actually sells Profibus boards for PCI or PXI-systems.  For more information:

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/model.pci-profibus.html

These PROFIBUS PCI and PXI one-port interfaces connect PC-based controllers to PROFIBUS industrial networks as powerful masters or slaves. PROFIBUS interfaces include an NI LabVIEW driver for human machine interface (HMI) and SCADA applications. You can also perform PROFIBUS device automated test using these interfaces.

With LabVIEW Real-Time support, you can add PXI or PC systems as slave or master nodes to a PROFIBUS industrial network. Featuring more than 20 million installed nodes, PROFIBUS is one of the leading industrial networks for reliably connecting programmable logic controllers (PLCs), I/O, sensors, and drives over long distances in industrial environments.

Regards,

Casper

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(13,368 Views)

I'm sorry I misread the initial question. National Instruments does provide a profibus option but not (yet) a profinet option. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Regards, Casper

Message Edited by CasperK on 02-04-2010 03:49 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(13,357 Views)

Can the PXIe-8840's second port eth1 as EtherCAT Master ID: 0 communicate with ProfiBUS and ProfiNET via EtherCAT protocol if configured in Veristand's System Explorer?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,468 Views)