Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profibus VI will not run due to missing Vi's

Jesse,

I am using Configurator II. Some good news. I finally managed to comunicate with this piece of **bleep** (sorry if I call it this because nothing is straight forward and anything that takes my time more than a day is a piece of **bleep**!).

However, now we have a bigger problem that I believe is a direct hardware isue. The Profibus card FREEZES my computer. The only way out is to reboot. I believe this is a common problem since I have seen someone else (http://forums.ni.com/t5/PXI/LabVIEW-constantly-crashes/td-p/521418)  having the same problem. 

Second a force recompile did not solve the labview problem because RT files are missing from the Labview directory and labview is looking for them. I notice that the CD coming with the Comsoft Profibus has the following installations:

- DF Profi II DP

- Labview Visa Driver

- Labview RT

- Windows 2000/XP/VISTA/7

- Version 1.36.1

However, when installed except the Configurator and Comsoft Profibus VISA driver (version 1.36.1) NOTHING ELSE is installed. That's why I got to this forum and I use newbedan advice above to install all. But, still Labview RT is missing.

I have a big project and must meet the dead line and I need solutions to these problems. This prdoduct is taking NI down!!!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(2,872 Views)

Some of the older cards had an issue with PCI clock timing. We issued replacements last year. Can you open a service request at ni.com/support and tell them the AE contact me and point them to this forum? 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(2,856 Views)

Jesse,

I got the new replacement boards and checked one of them. The problem with the computer freezing has disappeared. However, the new boards did not come with a new CD and I am still missing  Labview RT from the installation CD. I am running ETS_DFP2_DP-SlaveExample.vi and some of associated LabView files are missing. PLease help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(2,825 Views)