From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 8532 Errors

Hello

I recently upgraded from a PXI 8461/D (https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/model.pxi-8461-d.html) to a PXI 8532 (https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/model/pxi-8532.html) which required a driver update from 1.6.7 version used on the 8461/D to the newer driver 2.2.0 used on the 8532.        After following the migration instructions for switching from 1.6.7 version to 2.2 version when I go to run the program OpenDeviceNetexplicitmessaging.vi along with several other VI’s will give me an error. Do you know how to correct these errors?  

Hardware & Software being used:

• Windows 7
  • Labview 2012 SP1
  • PXI Chassis 1044

Dane

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,034 Views)

Additional information concerning DeviceNet problems we are experiencing:

1. Using LabVIEW 2012 SP1 with the PXI-8461/D DeviceNet card and driver version 1.6.7, the three .vi’s (attached) all work without any problems. The Initialize1.6.7.vi is used to individually configure our devices for use in the LV Project and is only used occasionally. The other two .vi’s are used together in our LV Project to establish communication with all of the devices (24 total).
  2. We recently upgraded to the PXI-8532 DeviceNet card and driver version 2.2. We followed the instructions provided by NI to migrate from NI-DNET 1.6.x to NI-Industrial Communications for DeviceNet 2.1 without any problems. Note that we did not find a migration instruction for version 2.2.
  3. Using LabVIEW 2012 SP1 with the PXI-8532 DeviceNet card and driver version 2.2, the Initialize2.2.vi (attached) works without any problems. However, when we try to run our LV Project we get an error out of the Open DeviceNet Explicit Messaging.vi found in the MFC Open DNET Objects2.2.vi (attached).
  4. The Open DeviceNet Explicit Messaging.vi. in the MFC Open DNET Objects2.2.vi has no input errors (on the first pass) and generates an object handle out, but also produces an output error (BFF62023). The output error causes the downstream .vi’s to pass the error which causes the LV Project to fail.
  5. Additionally, the MFC DeviceNet Start2.2.vi works without any problems and sends an object handle out to the MFC Open DNET Objects.vi.
  6. The fact that the Initialize2.2.vi works using the PXI-8532 DeviceNet card and driver version 2.2 verifies that our “system” is functioning properly.
  7. So, when using the PXI-8532 DeviceNet card and driver version 2.2, why does the Open DeviceNet Explicit Messaging.vi work correctly using the Initialize2.2.vi, but produces an error when using the MFC Open DNET Objects2.2.vi?
  8. In summary, when using the PXI-8461/D DeviceNet card and driver version 1.6.7 everything works without any problems.
  9. But when we migrate to the PXI-8532 DeviceNet card and driver version 2.2 we get an error out of the Open DeviceNet Explicit Messaging.vi. Why?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,008 Views)

Here are the addition vi's that were in the previous posting (the numbers are the end of the vi name indict what version driver it was used with)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,007 Views)

You are using these MFC... Vis which I do not understand where they are coming from. It looks like these VIs are different enough to break the new driver.

To understand the issue I would need the MFC source Installer or VIs to debug. Right now if I open the Vis attached I get all kinds of errors because I am missing ressource files.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,994 Views)

If you have Labview 2012 SP1 along with the DeviceNet version1.6.7 drivers and 2.2 drivers the only errors you should receive are from our error handler which you can disable in the VI. If there are any other errors and/or files you need lets us know.

I have attached MixedComm2.vi which is an example from NI which was the basis for our VIs  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,985 Views)