Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROFIBUS Master DP Error

Hello,

I have a cRIO 9024 with a Comsoft PROFIBUS module in slot 1.  Following instructions provided, I am able to download the configuration.

However, the LED on the module are as follows:

PWR: Green

SPI: flashing green

RUN: Green

BF: Red

Looking at the manual, it tells me the possible reasons are a a configuration error or a non-responding DP-Slave.  

I have attached a screenshot of my configuration, but I don't think I've made any mistakes, and the pumps are all configured to the bus addresses (3-14).  I've checked the cables and they are all connected (daisy-chained.)

What could be the source of this error?

-Larry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,219 Views)

try going online and see what happens. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,215 Views)

Hello Jesse,

Do you mean the Monitor/Modify connect button the the Configurator?  When I press it, all the slaves show up as red, and when I click on the property of one of them all the inputs/outputs show up as "fault."

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,201 Views)

Hi Larry, 

That is the correct button. The configurator isn't finding your slaves, I would check that they are online and configured correctly. Once they are configured correctly they will show up as green in the configurator. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,196 Views)

Jesse,

The PROFIBUS is connected to 7 Grundfos SMART Digital DDA metering pumps.  They should be connected, have power, and I have set their bus addresses to the ones corresponding to the configurator.  

It shows a "Bus error" however on the pump.  Is there something aside from the bus address that I need to configure on the pumps themselves?

-Larry

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,193 Views)

Jesse,

I managed to figure out the problem.  One of the cables was damaged.  I am now able to communicate with the pump through the examples provided by the Labview driver.

Now I am not sure how to utilize the inputs I receive in a meaningful way.  For example, I have one of the inputs set as the "ActualManualSetpoint."  I change the setpoint on the HMI of the pump itself, and there are 4 numbers that do change whe nI do this.  However, these 4 numbers don't correspond in any way I can see to what I am setting as the set-point.  Do you have any idea how I can convert these numbers to usable data?

The pumps are Grundfos Digital Dosing DDA.

Thank you for your time.

-Larry

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,159 Views)