From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDO dimension problem SOES Ethercat

Goodmorning to all,

I'm using a Pc with Ubuntu as Ethercat master (SOEM) and an ethercat slave (SOES) which uses a LAN9252. The slave is connected to a pc with window which is used to load the SOES program and once the software has been loaded, it remains connected in debug mode for checking the variables. I'm using the last version of Ethercat SOES. I have a problem with the PDO lenght. The problem is that if I define in the EEPROM of the slave a PDO with 128 fields where each field has dimension 1 Byte, when i run the program simpletest.c everything works properly, but if I define a PDO with 128 fields where each field has dimension 4 Byte, it doesn't work. I'm doing this because the EEPROM doesn't support PDO with more than 128 fields hence I have increased the size of each field. I need a PDO with 512 Byte. Someone can help me? Is it possible to do this? I share the screen of command window when i run the simpletest program and the wireshark file.

1.png

2.png

3.png

This is the screen of the slaveinfo.c with -map :

4.png

NOTE:

• To solve the reading/writing problem on the SOES I thought I could manually change the byte size of input/output to 512 even if the fields are 128, however the fact remains that I don't know how to change the SOEM program.

Thank You!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,125 Views)