Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC Server S7 1200 cannot pass data to VI

Hi,

I use siemens s7 1200 plc with labview 2011 and Opc server 2012. I can connect to opc server and create tags. Moreover, I am able to see data changes with quick client.

The problem when I try to create I/O server and bound with shared variable, I pass it to VI. All tags are zero, I believe there is no communication to servers. Although there is no error message. Any suggestions?

Please see the posts

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,864 Views)

Can you show FREQ and OPC1 configuration?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,856 Views)

I'm late to the party, but if you need to troubleshoot OPC communications, you should start with opening the OPC Quick Client.  Check there to see if you have good connectivity - if it is broken there, you will never receive data to LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,349 Views)

Hello sir,

We are too handling a project and stuck with the same problem. The OPC quick client shows the updated value but while using the opc variable in the labview it doesn't shows any changes , So please help as with some good solution.

@AEI_JR wrote:

I'm late to the party, but if you need to troubleshoot OPC communications, you should start with opening the OPC Quick Client.  Check there to see if you have good connectivity - if it is broken there, you will never receive data to LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,692 Views)
I have fixed my problem long time ago. The problem was I guess, the variables were not deployed properly. What I can suggest to deploy them individually and just start with a simple I/O like I0.0 or Q0.0
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,686 Views)

Thank you very much and I will check to that . In case of any other mistakes , i will contact you. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,682 Views)