From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a VI to link to historical modbus data and produce a Graph on the VI and have the ability to write to .xls file for a specified range of time

I am trying to create a VI that links to a Modbus I/O variable that I access through NI DSM: The VI need to be able to select (hopefully by a drop-down) a test unit we have that is currently reading temperature. It then need to be able to access (trace) the historical data it has been logging and produce it to a waveform/graph. I also need the ability to specify what date/time range I want to see on the waveform/graph. I am trying to set this up for the lab technicians so they can select a test unit on the VI and view on a graph, the temperature data from the past day/week/ etc range that they need to see. If there is an issues, they need a way to save that range of data to an .xls so they can plot/print the data to present to superiors. Attached is the NI DSM and the VI that I have started to attempt to build. I'm very new to this and do not have access at work to the tutorials or YouTube as refereance sources. Am I headed in the right direction?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,919 Views)

attached is the new VI i am trying. Maybe this is the correct direction?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,914 Views)

Hi ACFNST,

Mike gave you several good pointers in your other post, many of which I would I would give you as well.

Best Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,903 Views)