Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI RS 232 COMMUNICATION WITH VOSTCH VT 4002ECM

I am trying to cummunication labview using rs 232 with temprature chamber vostch vt 4002. I am not able to do communication, currenlty visa communication is bbing performed but chamber is not giving any answer. A similar help was previously asked by some member. I have attached link. Kindly guide further

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/How-to-communicate-with-VOTSCH-VT-7004-Therm...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(7,596 Views)

Are you certain that the communication port connecting to the instrument is connected properly?  There are several connection options on the VT 4002 device.  Did you set up the communications for 9600 baud with 8-N-1?  Are you sending the proper command?  Try sending:

$00I\r

If you get a string of about 85 numeric (including spaces and decimal points) characters with the last 15 all being 1's or 0's, then the instrument is responding properly.  See attached appendix page from the manual.  Also, make sure that the instrument address is 00.  It can be changed, but is set to 00 initially.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(7,570 Views)

Thank You for replying. I have done it with RS232 ans I have attached zip file which have all images. I send $00I<CR> na $00I\r but no response. I am using a VIs which are attached here. If there is problem in VI kindly tell me how to correct it. In FWD zip file I have attached all snaps of chamber. I am stuck in this task for many weeks please provide help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(7,562 Views)

Try using this slightly modified version of the serial write/read to communicate with your VT4002.

If it helped - KUDOS
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(7,542 Views)

Please convert VI to 2012 or 2015 Labview format. I am not able to see it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(7,539 Views)

Here it is saved as LV 2012

If it helped - KUDOS
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(7,530 Views)

Sir, 

I am still ot getting any reply from the device. Can you tell me in which configuration I should put my device into. Currently I just plug in connector and run VI. Is there any mode which I have to set for geting reply from the chamber like auto, manual and edit mode?if yes please specify. I just cold start the system turn on the button anf run VI in order to get reply from the system,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(7,501 Views)

Hi Zarrar ! Did you suceed to control your 4002 oven ? I'm at the same point, i think we need to connect first before sending information like "$00I<CR>" to get the information. But i don't know how to do it, can someone help us ?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(7,355 Views)

Its Done!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(7,344 Views)

Could You write, how You solved the problem, please?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,670 Views)