From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI INdustrial communications for DeviceNET 2.3.0. Cannot talk to DNET device.

I am using LabVIEW RT 13.0.0 and Industrial Communicatgions for DeviceNET 2.3.0.  I have also installed DNET 1.6.7 on m RT target.  I have followed the directions on another posting to migrate my existing project and DENT related VIs over for the PCI-8532 card.  After I completed the migration I can initialize DNET without problems, however, when I try to read or write IO I get a warning code 347186 and no data.

I then restart the RT Target  I then try to SingleDevice.vi in the rpoject DeviceNet PXIPCI Basic.lvproj in the LV 2013 examples folder under NI Industrial Communications.  I then get an error -107438891 after the DeviceNetLIB.lvlib:Wait for State.vi.

From the same projecty I then right clich on my target and add the Device Master Interface and set its address to 0 and baud rate to 500.  I then right click on the Device Master Interface and select Add -> Targets and Devices.  No DeviceNet Slave devices are found.

I had no problems with the PCI-DNET card but when I went top configure this new system was told by NI sales that I should purchase the PCI-8532 and woudl have no problems.

Nelson Orozco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,646 Views)

I was finally successful in migrating over to the PCI-8532 card.

See my postin under : Replacing PCI-DNET with PCI-8532. First time very frustrated with NI support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,626 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,616 Views)