cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI EIP Toolkit and SMC EX600

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

I am using EX250-SEN1 Ethernet IP controller and 10 dual out put module added total 20 outputs

do you need any other details?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(4,983 Views)
I have the same problem wit SMC ex250 SEN1 can you please answer us ?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(4,830 Views)

Hi,

I'd love to be able to help you out! What is your set-up? Have you tried using the example that was mentioned previously? If not, could you post your code or describe what problems you are having?

Matt G.
Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(4,789 Views)

Hi,

thank you for replying , i am using the Access assembly explicit VI mentionned previously , and i am reading the inputs correctly however i cannot control the digital outputs nether the valves.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(4,781 Views)

So this seems to one of the example VIs in our example project. Have you tried looking at the other examples in the project?

Help > Find Examples > Go to the search tab and search "EtherNet/IP" > Open "EtherNetIP Adapter.lvproj"

I think that maybe using the "Write and Read Tags.vi" or any of the other VIs in the project that included writing might help you with you issue.

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(4,755 Views)

Still i am not able to communicate with EX-250 SEN1 Ethernet ip using Labview Ethernet IP Adaptor explicit vi.

My smc NS LED Blinks by Green. it means communication not esablished.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(4,713 Views)

Hello,

I do have some light to throw on this.

- EX250 and EX600 have a hold/clear functionnality. The purpose of this is to put the outputs to safe states if the network connection is lost. 

When using LabVIEW to communicate with the module, you don't have a master on the network (both LabVIEW and the module can only operate as slaves ). This is causing the NS LED to blink green (technically you don't have an established network). In this mode the hold/clear functionality is controlling the outputs and won't let you change their states from the EIP toolkit.

You will probably be able to only read the status of an input module and send configuration frames to the module.

One option is to use a TCP modbus module instead of an EIP module.

Message 17 of 19
(4,469 Views)

Hi,

Can any one support me working on EX600 SMC valve block module, Input side I can able to read the decimal value, but output side I can't able to switch on any solinoid valves.

Digital Input Setup:

Instance : 100 

Class :4

Attribute : 3

Digital Output:

Instance : 150

Class :4

Above setup being used in labview.

Attribute : 3

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(3,433 Views)

I know this is an old thread, but I've gotten a few PM's on this post so I figure I should post my new findings here. 

The E/IP fieldbus module originally released with the EX600 was the EX600-SEN1 and -SEN2 which responded to both get attribute single and set attribute single. Outputs were able to be set using explicit messaging without creating an established connection from a master. In the last few years SMC has replaced the -SEN1 and -SEN2 with -SEN3 and -SEN4 which have two network ports. The hold/clear functionality was added and set attribute single no longer changes any outputs on the device. It's confusing to the user because the VI executes without any errors but no outputs physically change. If you want to control an EX600 over Ethernet/IP with only LabVIEW you must use the SEN1 or SEN2 module which is still available from SMC. 

I've also run across newer versions of fieldbus modules from other manufacturers that are no longer working due to the hold/clear functionality being added. Ultimately LabVIEW can only act as a SLAVE device, and it is not recommended to rely on slave to slave communication as I doubt this is what manufacturers had in mind. I'm not saying that you can't still buy E/IP devices that work fine with slave to slave communication, but if you do run into issues tech support will be of no help due to 'not being intended usage'. 

If you want to operate on an Ethernet/IP network, I'd highly recommend having a master such as a PLC in the system.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(2,623 Views)