Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9862 & LabView CANopen library

Hello,

Is LabView CANopen lib compatible with NI 9862 CAN module?

We have installed NI-CAN compatibility layer, but demo apps still not working.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,560 Views)

Hi artamonov_a,

The NI CANopen LabVIEW Library is built for the Series 2 High Speed CAN interface whereas the NI 9862 is an NI-XNET module. You may be able to use some of the CANopen functions through the XNET compatibility layer for NI-CAN, but since it is a specialized library most of the functions will probably not be available.
There are a lot of NI-XNET shipping examples that can be found through the Example Finder in LabVIEW (Help » Find Examples...) and you may find something in there that can perform the task you are trying to execute.
Regards,Peter W.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,549 Views)

artamonov_a,

The CANOpen library works with XNET devices, but I'm not sure about the 9862 as it's a newer module.  Here's a couple of things I would check first:

1.  Make sure you have the correct XNET driver installed.  XNET 1.4 is available here:  https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/drivers/download.ni-xnet.html#306169

2.  Make sure the 9862 module works correctly.  Use the XNET examples in the Example Finder to be sure.

At least at this point, we'll be sure this isn't a driver/hardware issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,515 Views)

Hello all,

Just a quick question I have a LabVIEW developer suite do I need any additional software to communicate with Can Open devices. I will be looking into Can over the coming weeks and need to get a bit of info on what's required.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,363 Views)

9862 is not supported with the CANopen LV Library. Instead there is a 9881 CANopen Module that is supported by the new CANopen driver which is very similar to the Library. The 9881 is cRIO only for now . No cDAQ support !

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8,357 Views)