From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicast IP on 1742 Smart Camera

Basically Upon the fatal error I have to power cycle. When it fatally errors the web server crashes. Also some insight into a possible cause, I have it setup to ftp the failed images to the system

via "sysax ftp server". My 30 day trial ran out.. I know there is a way through windows to enable the ftp, Question. I do not have the winxp disk to put in when i try to enable the service so how do i do this?

Could the error logging into a server that is not running be causin the fatal failure? I am using simple basic ftp function. I will google it later but was wandering if NI has some better instruction here. I will look around NI awhile but if someone has had experience with this please post a reply....

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,769 Views)

Tailfire,

I have found a "How-To" guide on enabling ftp via Windows XP. You can find it Here. It is very possible that you're are getting an error because you are trying to access a server that is not running. The first step in troubleshooting your problem will be to have a running ftp server working and then monitor your applications processes. Also, were you able to follow Kyle's directions below and check for a memory leak?

"I wish we had some more information about this "fatal application error" but it definitely seems like something in your program is causing it to crash after running for a while.  One thing you could do is see if the smart camera publishes its health as a System State variable.  If it does, you should be able to monitor this through the distributed system manager (Start >> All Programs >> National Instruments >> Distributed system manager).  Look for the library entitled NI System State, and watch to see if the amount of free memory decreases while your program is running.  If it does, it means you have something in your code that is constantly consuming memory, and will inevitably lead to a crash.  Let me know if you can see any system state for the smart camera, and what its behavior is."

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,756 Views)

I have not checked yet but i will soon. Thank you for the ftp info. I have not used that yet. I have some understanding that it is only built into xp pro not built in xp media center edition.

Have not tested any of those statements yet. Will report back here as soon as i have worthy information..

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,754 Views)

One thing you could do is see if the smart camera publishes its health as a System State variable.  If it does, you should be able to monitor this through the distributed system manager (Start >> All Programs >> National Instruments >> Distributed system manager).  Look for the library entitled NI System State, and watch to see if the amount of free memory decreases while your program is running.

This DSM,, I will check for it but I only installed the few modules need for the UI, all of the development is done on another pc..

I am viewing and controlling through IE window frame. Not necessarily controlling but getting input from the acknowledge button seen in my other screen shots.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(2,751 Views)