From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus RTU over TCP/IP

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All

I am looking for  Modbus RTU over TCP/IP example VI. Does anyone  have experience with this protocol?

Please kindly give me some advice!

Thanks and Regards

Luong.Tran

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,222 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luong.Tran

Hi,

Start here for more information and the LV ModBus lib.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,218 Views)

Hi Luong,

The Modbus Library posted by K C is the older version not supported by NI.

I would recommend using the updated library on NI Labs created by our Systems Engineering group.

Additionally, if you have the DSC module, you can use built in Modbus functionality using I/O servers.

Matt S.
Industrial Communications Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 5
(8,207 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luong.Tran

Important addition:

That library works for 2012-current and is still not supported except by me. Meaning if people ask a question and I'm on vacation the question generally doesn't get answered.

If you have LabVIEW 2014 and either RT or DSC, you also get the R&D supported version of that library. This means you can call into AE support and get help with it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,186 Views)

Hello! I am worried about this topic. Not a simple thing, but Modbus TCP/IP is one kind of Modbus protocols designed for controlling and supervising equipment over TCP or IP. It is possible to use Modbus over Internet or Intranet if a device supports TCP/IP sockets and you know how to execute a TCP driver. It explains how it works and what can be associated with https://www.eltima.com/modbus-over-ethernet/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,083 Views)