cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus RTU over TCP/IP

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All

I am looking for  Modbus RTU over TCP/IP example VI. Does anyone  have experience with this protocol?

Please kindly give me some advice!

Thanks and Regards

Luong.Tran

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,230 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Luong.Tran

Hi,

Start here for more information and the LV ModBus lib.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,226 Views)

Hi Luong,

The Modbus Library posted by K C is the older version not supported by NI.

I would recommend using the updated library on NI Labs created by our Systems Engineering group.

Additionally, if you have the DSC module, you can use built in Modbus functionality using I/O servers.

Matt S.
Industrial Communications Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 5
(8,215 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Luong.Tran

Important addition:

That library works for 2012-current and is still not supported except by me. Meaning if people ask a question and I'm on vacation the question generally doesn't get answered.

If you have LabVIEW 2014 and either RT or DSC, you also get the R&D supported version of that library. This means you can call into AE support and get help with it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,194 Views)

Hello! I am worried about this topic. Not a simple thing, but Modbus TCP/IP is one kind of Modbus protocols designed for controlling and supervising equipment over TCP or IP. It is possible to use Modbus over Internet or Intranet if a device supports TCP/IP sockets and you know how to execute a TCP driver. It explains how it works and what can be associated with https://www.eltima.com/modbus-over-ethernet/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,091 Views)