Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micrologix 1400 Ethernet/IP invalid tag format error

Hi all,

I am working on the same issue. I am trying to read from the Input data file (File ID 1), but each time i attempt to read the file, I get an error saying PCCC status 0x10. This happens on Bit, Float, and Integer reads of this data file. I can read/write to data files i create, is there something special/protected about the Input data file?

Thanks!

Bryan

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(4,416 Views)

Can you share some more details.  Are you getting this error from a LabVIEW popup or from a response from your device?  Can you attach screenshots of this error?

Jesse S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(4,380 Views)

I am using the shipping Ethernet/IP example, SLC500ReadWrite.vi. When i try to read Data File 1 from any of the read functions on the right hand side of the screen, nothing happens. Probing the error wire gets me an error that is undefined by labVIEW and reads something like:

EthernetIP SLC500 Read Float.vi;
Details: PCCC status error
PCCC Status: 0x10

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(4,371 Views)

Hi BKennedy,

What's the exact type of your PLC?

The shipped examples are all ready to run and generally error free. I'm thinking the error was caused on PLC side, either due to compatibility issues or certain mismatch programming wise. Hence the question.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(4,356 Views)

Micrologix 1400.

PLC is out of box, no programming was done, except maybe to enable ethernet/IP.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(4,347 Views)

Can you attach a screenshot of your front panel so I can get an idea on what inputs you are using?

Jesse S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(4,321 Views)

Was also tried with different permutations on file number

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(4,311 Views)

Hi BKennedy, 

I believe we use that PLC in our V&V testing, so I expect it to work. The 0X10 status is a timeout, as explained on 6-7 here. You might check you PLC is configured correctly. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(4,310 Views)

I just confirmed that the PLC is unmodified out-of-box. What configuration procedure did you use to set up your PLC during Validation?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(4,296 Views)